So here is what its all looked like lately...
So Spring Sprang and now its Sprung...88 and humid today with thunderstorms ...the spring blossoms are gone Lilies of the Valley, Dogwood and Cherry trees all gone... summer lilies and roses are pushing through. I'm ready for it now ...I think ! We definitely needed this rain as the tree pollen as been so thick.
I made this Pumpkin bread for Teachers Appreciation... It gets an A+! I added a Lemon kissed cream cheese glaze that I made up which certainly didn't hurt !
15 first graders, yeah that got out of control real fast! Thank god for my older kids who saved the day with a scavenger hunt and Pokemon bingo.Thanks to Pinterest too with all the great Pokemon party ideas. We had an ice cream sunday bar, pizza and tie dyed t-shirts. The party got an A+ as well.
Another A+ to my dear blogger friend Andi, who sent me the wonderful teas and a delicious yarn. How did she know that was my most favorite color and that I love Kombucha tea!? Now that's just good Karma!
A beautiful sock is just waiting to be cast on with this.
I am behind but I just love the Once Upon a Time Sampler.It is turning out to be just adorable and a lot of fun but I must be more diligent in working on it!
Hermione sock is just about done. I have been true to my word and have not started on any other socks until this was finished...for I know myself and would just end up with numerous half finished socks on needles!
The Mother's Day Fritatta
- 6 eggs and 1/4 cup milk S&P mix together set aside
- In a skillet add 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp butter melt on medium heat
- slice 4-5 baby bella mushrooms chop, 1/4 cup sweet onion chopped , 4-5 cherry tomatoes sliced & a heavy handful of Arugula or any other green you favor dd to pan and saute still they soften..add egg mixture
- 1/3 cup Italian Fontina cheese sprinkle on top
- cook on stove top for a few minutes and then transfer skillet ( make sure it is oven safe) to oven at 350 till it fluffs up and sets about 20 minutes. Enjoy.
- a note about Italian Fontina...Swiss or Italian ...Its a bit mild and nutty and creamy and oh so delicious! If you cant find it regular Fontina wont disappoint.:-).
And how cute are these kids!!!! Ahh so sweet they make my heart sing<3
Oh and Hello Mr. Tree Frog thank you for the little night time visit.
I think on my last post I left you saying that I was talking the hubby into going to NYC for the day ... We did and it was wonderful ! You can see the pictures on Instagram now .
Have a wonderful week and I will get working on that pattern now as it is a cosy day here with a nice soft rain falling. A perfect covered porch day...or a perfect making strawberry jam day too as they are in season here. All in all things are pretty good if these are my decisions to make today.