Sunday, October 6, 2013

Boo!!!

With some help from mother nature, my house is ready for Halloween!



Just a quick hello and sorry the lapse in blogging, you see I started  to do something I used to do a long time ago ...I"M BACK TO WORK..outside the home that is. UGHHH!!! OK I'm being dramatic (something my mother always says about me!) Actually I am just substitute teaching at my friend's pre school. I teach yoga twice a month there and she needed a fill in here and there, but here and there is becoming most of the week lately! Oh well it keeps me off the streets...well more like out of yarn, fabric and vintage stores ;-).

I just love what I woke up to this morning. Mother nature decided my yard needed more decorations. The mist was just so beautiful the spider webs. Just the finishing touch I needed. I decorate my yard and a few rooms in the house. I will post them throughout the month.

I tried this Pinterest recipe, Deep dish caramel apple pie crumb cake this week for my monthly knitting night which I hosted. Please try it!! Quick and easy and delicious. I would however make or even double the crumb recipe and add flour to the apples.

This "starry skies" stitch is a 9" block that is going off to Andi from My Sister's Knitter for someone who needs a bit off what we call "hugs and love" in our family. It will be added to others to make a blanket to comfort this being.! Ahh yes the amazing Andi strikes again! The girl is AWESOME!!If you like the stitch let me know I will send you the info.

The glass and crystals are from a community flea market that happens at one of our state parks every year. Atsion Day, deep in the Pine Barrens of NJ. Home of the "Jersey Devil"..BOO!!
(And no ... its Snookie !)

Ming

next post I'll have the stuffed cabbage recipe...Promise!

10 comments:

  1. Oh boy I know from experience that it takes a lot of patience to work with preschoolers. And you teach yoga to them? That's really awesome.
    Your decorating skills are amazing! I love your Halloween vibe. How festive. What a pretty stitch and color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you !! Yes i am learning a whole new way of life with the pre school!

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures!! What a fun post ... makes me want to get out my Halloween decorations!! You really decorate it so beautifully! Thanks for the caramel apple cake recipe, too!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna, I thought that the outside was amazing, and then when I saw your dining room table I was in awe of your creativity and your amazing home. Great job!!!
    Have a wonderful day.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so classy! Love your halloween House!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pam, I always try to stay away from getting to tacky.. which I can easily do!!!

      Delete
  5. Are you kidding me??? Your home is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I'm not sure how I missed this post earlier, but I'm so glad I creeped your blog now! Your decorating is stunning!!!! You really need to be in House Beautiful, or Elle Decor, or a magazine of that type. Just gorgeous!!!!! Will you teach me? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy your so kind! !!!! Teach you ...Anytime!!!...thanks for creeping!!!

      Delete