However, if you have that man in your life that says otherwise a bit of sausage added should appease him.
I served this sort of french onion style with melted Fontina cheese on top.
Now every time I say or think of the word Stoup, my mind goes directly to the Salt& Peppa song "Shoop" and I start humming and singing changing the Shoop with Stoup ! Now It may be a bit risque of a song ..but you know what I am talking about if you were a teenager or young adult in the early 90's. Looking back its nothing compared to what is going on today! Wow i just sounded like I am 105 years old!
Any how, as S&P start the song.."Here we go ...Here we go...Here we go again.....Ahh you make me want to
The Recipe: Escarole and White Bean Stoup
- 1 onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 3 carrots
- 3-4 potatoes cut in quarters (if they are on the smaller size I used golden potatoes)
- 2 bunches of Escarole cleaned thoroughly
- 2 cans white kidney beans or Cannelini
- Vegetable or Chicken broth
- Fontina cheese
- a good quality Italian Boule or crusty bread
- Macaroni 1 lb , I used Ditalini or sometimes called tubetti.
Ladle into bowl or oven safe crock sprinkle with the grated Fontina Cheese ...melt and serve with bread. Enjoy!
And if you want to hum along too... here is the video... Shoop by Salt & Peppa...I swear it adds to the recipe! (remember this video is a bit saucy..) but a very catchy tune ...
Blessing to those who serve our country to protect us and all beings around the world . Thank you to our Service Men and Women .