Sunday, October 28, 2012

Aftermath of a quilt show...Prelude of a storm

Well my Mother in laws Quilt show went off fabulously. Too bad she had a nasty cold for the show. It was a whirlwind of a weekend, we drove 20 hrs in two and a half days. We were leaving Friday to get to Cobleskill for the show on Saturday... then off to Burlington Vermont to see kid #3 at his new school for dinner ...then back to Cobleskill..Whew!!! I got a lot of knitting done. I am working on the adorable "The Beekeepers Quilt"by Tiny Owl Knits. The cutest knitted honeycombs! So fun!

I took a while to get back from to the blog. We came home sick from our trip, we had two weddings to attend and then getting ready for a quick vacation to Florida this week. I've got a date with a Mouse! That is if we can get out of dodge, we now are getting a direct hit from Hurricane Sandy so we have been preparing all weekend. Generator, food, water, batteries, gas tanks full, and last but not least multiple projects ready to go for when the power goes out ! Ya know the important stuff!

Ok back to the show. The Honored Quilter ,who had her own showcase room Susan Reed  was AMAZING! There was not one item I did not love. She has only been quilting for 10 yrs !! Here is a peak. The pictures aren't the best. Can you believe it I forgot my camera! I took these with my phone.
I am in love this set

Love this!

So sweet.
The embroideries were just lovely
Sooooo true!

Her Christmas section
Amazing isn't she!
Now here are few from the Vintage collection of the show. Just like stepping back into time.

I see a crazy quilt in my future
I got some two great books and some fall fabric form the vendors . Log cabin fabrics and Cottons,Etc.had a great selection.

 Some of my goodies...
This book is just beautiful
Cant wait to find some vintage stuff to use for this book



The above is what I have picked out on the embroidered tea towel I am in the process of creating. Remember the pumpkin sketch from the last post . If it turns out well I may turn it into a kit.
Well I better get back to packing before we lose power . Positive thinking right ? Hopefully sandy blows away before our Wednesday flight.
Be safe all my friends in the mid Atlantic region.



No comments:

Post a Comment